HOW TO PREP YOUR ROOM FOR PAINTING
- Putty Knives
- Sanding sponges
- 220-grit sandpaper
- Pole Sander
Before doing anything, clear away anything that get’s in the way of your painting
- Switch covers
- Window treatments
- Light fixtures
- Small electronics, plug-in appliances or easy-to-move furniture
Step 1: CLEAN
- Clean the walls with a sponge and mild detergent from the bottom up.
- Rinse the sponge frequently as you clean.
- Make sure all walls and surfaces are completely dry before you paint.
Step 2: SMOOTH
- Lightly sand the walls.
- Fill in any imperfection you can see from 5 feet away in normal lighting.
- Sand all your repairs for a smooth finish.
- Finally, vacuum up any dust and debris.
Step 3: PROTECT
- Cover floors and any furniture in the room with FrogTape® drop cloths.
Don’t forget to use FrogTape® on any areas you don’t want to paint, like baseboards, trims, windows or doorframes. More tips before you start to paint? Add a coat of primer so your old paint doesn’t show through and makes it possible to finish the job in just one coat of paint.